Stitchin' Memories

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Debbie McCoy and i have been happily married for 38 years. I am the mother of three boys, ages 37, 35, and 24. I have four grandchildren, my oldest grandchild lives with me. I recently had to quit working, which left me with a lot of spare time on my hands. To fill this extra time, I devote myself to sewing projects. Quilting is my favorite. I also enjoy making doll clothes, crocheting, baby clothes, dog clothes, and I have made wedding dresses.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Doll Dresses

"Here Come the Bride"
This doll is wearing a white satin dress covered by a white shear flowered lace with silver threads. The veil is bridal tulle with flowers glued to it that I cut from the dress material. The veil is held on by a pearl headdress. She is also wearing pearl jewelry. The bouquet is flowers that was attached to a hair comb out of the bridal department at Walmart.






"Just A' Swinging"
This dress is made from pink satin trimmed by white lace. The swing that she is resting on is made from Styrofoam, covered is pink satin ribbon, trimmed with white lace, with a few pink flowers wrapping around it. It is hung by fishing line. Her jewelry is made from pink ice crystal beads.






"Spanish Senorita"
This doll is wearing a dress made from red satin with a shear red and gold overlay. Her jewelry is rubies. I bought the chair from a craft store, then painted it white, attached two red rose bouquets and white lace.






"Layers of Lace"
This dress is made from green satin covered in layers and layers of lace. The bodice is green satin with a lace and gold braid wrap. The doll is also wearing emerald (fake) jewelry.





"Blue Southern Bell"
This dress is made from mainly blue satin and lace material. The hat is just a little straw hat that is covered with blue satin trimmed in pearls and lace. The doll is also wearing pearl jewelry.




"Pink Lace"
This dress is made from pink satin with a pink lace overlay, pink rosettes, and pearl jewelry. Covering her shoulders is a pink shear wrap.





No comments:

Post a Comment